Avare Kaalu Saarina Pudi | Rasam Powder | Adukale
Check COD Availability
Saaru is Rasam in Kannada. Avare Kaalu (Lilva Beans) are available in plenty in winter and are a treasured ingredient in Karnataka Cuisine. In fact, in recent times, there are Avare Kalu festivals held in many parts of Karnataka. Avare Kaalu Saaru, unlike other Rasams does not make use of Tur dal.
Red Chillies, Coriander, Fenugreek, Cinnamon, Copra, and Curry Leaves
Directions For Use
- Pressure cook 500 gms of Avare Kaalu
- Take 1/4th part of the cooked Avare Kaalu, add 4-5 Table Spoons of Adukale Avare Kaalu/Hurali Kaalu Saarina Powder and grind it to a paste
- Add this paste to the remaining cooked Avare Kaalu and add 500 ml of water and allow it to boil for 2-3 minutes
- Add Tamarind Juice, Jaggery, and Salt to your taste. Boil for 2 more minutes
- Prepare a tempering of Mustard, Asofoetida, and Curry Leaves in 1 tsp of cooking oil and add this to the mixture.
- Serve it hot with rice
- The same powder can also be added to Hurali Saaru