Nucchina Unde (Dal Idli) & Majjige Huli Mix Combo
Check COD Availability
A classic Sankethi Combo - Steamed Dal Idli (Nucchina Unde) and Majjige Huli.
This combo comes with a packet of Nucchina Unde Mix and a packet of Majjige Huli Mix.
1. Nuchhina Unde Mix
Nuchinna unde (nucchu - broken bits; unde - ball ) is a traditional Karnataka Style Steamed Dal Dumpling. This protein packed breakfast comes with a blend of lentils and spices. This is not a dish you will find in restaurants . Many Kannadigas have lots of childhood memories associated with this humble dish. Traditionally Nucchina Unde is eaten with Majjige Huli.
Directions For Use
- Take 1 measure of Adukale Nucchina Unde Mix and soak it in ½ measure of curds and ¼ measure of hot water for 45 minutes
- A measure is a cup or container of your choice
- Add finely chopped green coriander leaves to the soaked mix and blend well
- Make the mix into half fist-full sized balls and steam boil them in an idly cooker for 15 minutes.
- Service it hot with ghee
Tur Dal, Green Gram Dal, Bengal Gram Dal, Red Chillies, Salt, Baking Soda, Green Chillies, Vegetable Cooking Oil, Coriander Leaves, and Asofoetida
2. Majjige Huli
Majjige Huli is a South Indian food prepared with milk curd. It typically includes vegetables in a buttermilk gravy.
Prepare flavourful Majjige Huli with Adukale's Majjige Huli Mix. It is traditionally eaten as an accompaniment with Puliyogare, Nucchina Unde or eaten with Hot Rice
Fried Gram, Mustard, Coriander, Bengal Gram Dal, Cumin, Pepper, Green Chillies, Ginger, Malic Acid, Turmeric, Asofoetida, Sugar, and Salt
Directions for Use
- Take 250 gms of vegetables. (Suitable Vegetables – Ash Gourd, Cucumber, Snake Gourd, ChowChow, Bottle Gourd, Spinach, Dantu) and cook. Retain water till the level of the cooked vegetables
- Take 4 tsp of Adukale Majjige Huli Mix and make a lump less paste of it and add it to the cooked vegetables and boil for 2-3 minutes till the mixture thickens
- Turn off the flame and add 250 ml of curd.
- Pepare a tempering of Ghee, Cumin, Mustard, and a pinch of Asofoetida and add it to the mixture