Menasu Kootu Powder | Unique Podi/Pudi | Adukale
Check COD Availability
Kootu is a Tamil word which means "add" i.e. vegetables added with lentils which form the dish, made of vegetable and lentils and are semi-solid in consistency, i.e., less aqueous than sambhar, but more so than dry curries. All kootus by default have some vegetables and lentils. Different varieties of Kootus exist. Sankethis prepare a version of kootu which is pepper based.
Prepare delicious pepper kootu with vegetables of your choice and Adukale's Menasu (Pepper) Kootu Powder
Black Gram Dal, Coriander, Pepper, Red Chillies, Copra, and Turmeric
Directions for Use
- Cook 100 grams of Tur Dal in 300 ml of water with ½ tsp of cooking oil and a pinch of Turmeric Powder
- Boil 250 gms of vegetables of your choice. (Best suited vegetables when used alone – Carrots, Beans, Snake Gourd, Bottle Gourd, Skinned Avare Kaalu, Cluster Beans, Dill Leaves, Chakkotha Leaves. Best suited combination of vegetables – Carrots, Beans, Sweet Potato, Potato, Peas, Chowchow, Ground Nuts, Ribbed Gourd)
- Mix cooked vegetables and cooked Tur dal. Allow it to come to boil
- Prepare a lump-less paste using 3-4 Table Spoons of Adukale Menasu Kootu Powder and little water
- Mix this paste well with the Tur dal and vegetable mixture and allow it to boil for 3 minutes.
- Add Salt & Jaggery to your taste and let it boil for 2 more minutes
- Prepare tempering of ½ Tsp of Mustard in 1 Tsp of cooking oil and serve hot with rice